As the title suggests, this is where I will spell out my goals for 2013. At the end of the year, we’ll review and see how I fared.
Overall, these are pretty straight forward.
- Invest at least $1,000 per month in my brokerage account.
- Transfer the remaining money allocated for savings to my emergency/new car/everything fund. By the end of 2014, I would like to have one full year’s worth of expenses saved in cash (~35K).
- Continue saving 6% of my gross income in my current 401(K). Always max out the company’s match.
- Transfer the money from my old 401(K) to my IRA.
- Generate $3,000 in dividend income.
Financial Education Goals
Some of my biggest upcoming financial questions pertain to whether I should look into buying a house and whether becoming an investor in rental property is for me.
- Educate myself about home buying.
- Educate myself about rental property.
- Post at least two posts per week. That would be about 100 over the course of a year. If I can do that without fail, I will be very impressed.
- Begin to develop regular blog traffic. I don’t know any kind of fancy SEO techniques to game Google, so I’m just going to focus on creating content and hope for the best.