Articles Comments

My FI Journey » Entries tagged with "analysis"

Aflac (AFL) Dividend Stock Analysis

Aflac (AFL) Dividend Stock Analysis

Aflac (AFL) is an insurance company that sells voluntary supplementary insurance policies in the US and Japan.  Sales in Japan account for approximately 77% of Aflac’s revenue, with the US pulling in the other 23%.  In Japan, Aflac mainly sells a variety of health insurance (these cover areas not included in the national health insurance), life insurance, and annuity products.  These products are sold at over 90% of the banks, and at over 1000 post … Read entire article »

Filed under: Stock Analysis

ConocoPhillips (COP) Dividend Stock Analysis

ConocoPhillips (COP) Dividend Stock Analysis

ConocoPhillips (COP) is an oil company with a worldwide presence.  COP’s major activities focus on the upstream components of oil and gas production – namely exploration and production.  To be a bit more specific, COP explores for, produces, transports, and markets, crude oil, bitumen (a highly viscous or semi solid form of petroleum) and natural gas.  COP is a global company with 45% if its oil production coming from the US, 20% from Europe, 15% … Read entire article »

Filed under: Stock Analysis

Microsoft (MSFT) Dividend Stock Analysis

Microsoft (MSFT) Dividend Stock Analysis

Microsoft (MSFT) is the world’s largest software maker.  As you’re probably painfully aware, the company holds a virtual monopoly on desktop operating systems and office suites.  Microsoft is divided into five business units:  1) Windows and Windows Live which is responsible for the Windows operating system, which over 90% of all PCs use.  2) Server and Tools is responsible for producing various sever related products and providing support for them through Microsoft Consulting Services. 3) … Read entire article »

Filed under: Stock Analysis

Automatic Data Processing (ADP) Dividend Stock Analysis

Automatic Data Processing (ADP) Dividend Stock Analysis

Automatic Data Processing (ADP) is the largest global provider of payroll outsourcing services and has over 570,000 clients worldwide.  ADP also provides outsourcing services for human resources, tax filing, and benefits administration.  ADP is divided into two main business segments, 1) employer services which focuses on payroll, human resource, benefits administration, time and attendance, and tax filing and reporting services.  2) Dealer services which focuses on transaction systems, data products and professional services to automobile … Read entire article »

Filed under: Stock Analysis

McDonald’s Corp (MCD) Dividend Stock Analysis

McDonald’s Corp (MCD) Dividend Stock Analysis

McDonald’s Corp (MCD) is the largest fast food company in the world with over 33,700 restaurants in 119 countries.  McDonald’s US sales amounted to about $32 billion last year.  However, if you have ever managed to get out of your house and drive around a bit, you have noticed that the US is saturated with McDonald’s.  Over the last two decades the primary source of growth for McDonald’s has been global.  Last year, about 57% … Read entire article »

Filed under: Stock Analysis

Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT) Dividend Stock Analysis

Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT) Dividend Stock Analysis

Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT) is the world’s largest military weapons manufacturer.  Lockheed Martin receives 82% of its sales from the US governement, 17% from foreign governments, and 1% from other areas.  Overall, LMT is divided into four business segments.  1) Aeronautics, which primary produces fighter planes such as the F16, and accounts for 31% of revenues.  2) Electronic Systems, which makes a variety of  products for command, control, communications, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C3ISR), and accounts … Read entire article »

Filed under: Stock Analysis

Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC) Dividend Stock Analysis

Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC) Dividend Stock Analysis

Wisconsin Energy Corp is a holding company that provides both utility energy and non-utility energy.  The major components of WEC’s regulated utility industry are Wisconsin Electric Power Company and Wisconsin Gas.  The major component of WEC’s non-regulated energy segment is We Power, which was formed to design, construct, own, and lease power generating facilities to Wisconsin Electric.  WEC also runs a small real estate business.  Currently, WEC serves approximately, 1.12 million electric customers in Wisconsin … Read entire article »

Filed under: Stock Analysis

Walgreens (WAG) Dividend Stock Analysis

Walgreens (WAG) Dividend Stock Analysis

Walgreens is one of the largest chain drugstores in the US, with around 8,400 locations in all 50 States.  In 2012, Walgreens controlled about 19% of the US prescription drug market.  In 2012, WAG acquired a 45% interest in Alliance Boots, an international pharmacy store (over 3,000 pharmacies worldwide) and wholesale drug distributor.  Walgreens also has the option to acquire the remaining 55% interest in 2015. In terms of sales, approximately 65% of sales arise from … Read entire article »

Filed under: Stock Analysis

Sysco (SYY) Dividend Stock Analysis

Sysco (SYY) Dividend Stock Analysis

Sysco is a major distributor of food and food related products, particularity to restaurants and cafeterias. Sysco distributes meats, fruits, vegetables , canned foods, frozen entrees, beverages, basically food and drinks of all types.  Sysco also supplies related products like silverware, cookware, kitchen supplies etc.  They are predominantly based in the US, with 89% of their sales coming from the US and another 10% coming from Canada. In 2012, Sysco’s customer base was divided roughly … Read entire article »

Filed under: Stock Analysis

Cardinal Health (CAH) Dividend Stock Analysis

Cardinal Health (CAH) Dividend Stock Analysis

Cardinal Health is a leading wholesale distributor of pharmaceutical products and medical supplies to hospitals, health care centers, and pharmacies.  Approximately 91% of its revenue comes from pharmaceuticals and 9% from medical products.  In addition to being a wholesaler, the company offers a diverse array of related services.  In the UK, Cardinal Health manufactures and distributes generic drugs.  In the US, Cardinal Health, repackages and distributes pharmaceutical products for retail and mail order customers, owns … Read entire article »

Filed under: Investment portfolio